U.S. Global Investors is located in San Antonio, a lovely South Texas city that blends the American Southwest with the charm of Mexican culture. The Alamo City is proud of its rich history which dates back to Spanish settlers in the late 1600s.
San Antonio is also just a short drive away from the Gulf of Mexico where one can enjoy fishing and hundreds of miles of beautiful sandy beaches. San Antonio is just a short drive away from the beautiful Texas Hill Country and many scenic lakes, rivers and parks offering recreational activities.
Residents can entertain family and friends at our world-famous Riverwalk or watch the four-time NBA champion San Antonio Spurs at the nearby AT&T Center.
Currently the seventh-largest city in the United States, San Antonio is an economically vibrant city with low unemployment and a high quality of life.
U.S. Global Investors is a learning organization which allows highly motivated people to fast-track their career and experience. This additional edge has allowed many of the industry’s best talents to propel themselves to the next level.
At U.S. Global Investors you’ll be exposed to some of the best ideas in the financial industry, which will provide a conceptual framework to transform your business knowledge into productive action.
We do this through a culture that emphasizes “how to think” not “what to think.”
U.S. Global Investors executives learn new approaches to capture value in a very competitive marketplace. We encourage, sponsor and support continuing education efforts and actively seek self-motivated individuals who are entrepreneurial and share our desire to be the best.
U.S. Global Investors is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free environment.
Full-time Employee Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, disability and life insurance
- Free health club membership
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company participation in IRA and UGMA accounts
- Business casual attire
The Staff Accountant performs a variety of general accounting and accounts payable functions in accordance with company policies and procedures including reconciliations, journal entries and other accounting and administrative duties.
- Responsible for the payroll function of the Company. Prepares and inputs payroll information into the ADP Resource system, maintains payroll records, records entries related to payroll in the general ledger, prepares payroll reports and schedules, submits all payroll related reports to the proper entities (e.g. 401K amounts and ESPP amounts) and ensures the company is in compliance with payroll laws and regulations. Compiles information for all payroll reviews including workers compensation audit and 401K review.
- Performs a variety of general ledger functions including but not limited to: preparing and entering journal entries into Accpac accounting software, reconciling accounts and creating, maintaining, and filing Excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Responsible for accounts payable functions for brokerage, including but not limited to: coding invoices, processing batches into AccPac accounting system, printing checks, mailing remittances, and allocating 12b-1 expenses accordingly.
- Prepares 10-Q and 10-K audit schedules within deadlines and assists in annual audit by providing information and backup documentation to external auditors.
- Adheres to U.S. Global Investors’ policies, procedures, safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory agencies.
Minimum three years payroll and accounting experience. ADP experience and brokerage knowledge preferred.
Undergraduate degree required in Accounting or Finance.
CPP or CPP candidate.
Series 27 preferred.
Send Us Your Resume
If you would like to have the opportunity to become a valued member in a professional and challenging environment and enjoy superior employee benefits, mail or fax your resume, with salary history to:
U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
P. O. Box 659405
San Antonio, TX 78265-9604
Fax (210) 308-1223: Attention: Human Resources.
You can also e-mail your resume to email@example.com. After your resume has been reviewed and we believe that there is a potential match to our immediate openings, you will be contacted. If we believe that an appropriate match does not exist, we will keep your resume active for 90 days for future reference. We appreciate your interest in U.S. Global Investors and regret that we are unable to personally respond to each inquiry.